You have to make sure that mod_rewrite is enabled on your server. To check use ”<?php echo phoinfo(); ?>” the following code that will display all the available service, which is available. If it’s not available, then you have to enable it.
Is it your hosting server or local computer?
If hosting server, then ask them to enable mod_rewrite.
Or if local computer,then enable mod_rewrite module in apache in xampp, wamp?
Now, follow the step to enable how to mod_rewrite module in apache installed under windows environment.
1) Find the “httpd.conf” file under the “conf” folder inside the Apache’s installation folder.
2) Find the following line “#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so” in the “httpd.conf” file.You can do this easily by searching the keyword “mod_rewrite” from find menu.
3) Remove the “#” at the starting of the line, “#” represents that line is commented.
4) Now restart the apache server.
5) You can see now “mod_rewrite” in the Loaded Module section while doing “phpinfo()”
If you have still problem with that, then email me.